Sunday, October 20, 2019
The Missouri Department of Conservation has announced results from a five-year study on bobwhite quail that is leading to new approaches to managing habitat for the birds.
Sunday, October 13, 2019
Thursday, October 10, 2019
The Midland Empire Audubon Society will sponsor a free public presentation in St. Joseph this month by representatives of the Endangered Wolf Center.
Sunday, September 29, 2019
Loess Bluffs National Wildlife Refuge in Holt County has received a grant from the National Wild Turkey Federation to purchase more than two hundred trees that will be planted to benefit wildlife.
Sunday, September 22, 2019
A young bull elk was killed early Monday morning after being struck by a motor vehicle on U.S. Highway 71 near State Route M in Nodaway County.
Sunday, September 15, 2019
The Missouri Department of Conservation is proposing allowing thermal imaging and night vision to help landowners control nuisance wildlife and invasive species on their private properties.
Sunday, September 08, 2019
Young hunters from across the region will be given an opportunity to shoot their first bird of the waterfowl season at private duck clubs during the eighth-annual Big Muddy Duck Hunt held near Mound City, Missouri, in October.
Friday, September 06, 2019
The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) and The Nature Conservancy (TNC) will partner to host a free Prairie Day event at Dunn Ranch Prairie this month where visitors can learn about prairie ecology while viewing bison, wildflowers and birds.
Sunday, September 01, 2019
The Missouri Department of Conservation is expecting a slight decline in the statewide deer harvest during the upcoming fall hunting season compared to the harvest total from last year.
Sunday, August 25, 2019
Saturday, August 24, 2019
OL PEJETA, Kenya — Wildlife experts and veterinarians said Friday there is hope to prevent the extinction of the northern white rhino because they successfully extracted eggs from the last two remaining females of the species. The eggs will be used to reproduce the species through a surrogate.
- Smithville's big fourth inning stumps Lafayette's season
- Maryville, Savannah battle for MEC title in Highway 71 contest
- Friday night's football schedule
- East Buchanan's Ethan Kilgore receives DI offer
- Maryville's Trey Houchin leads team during successful season
- Liberty sets the tone early, sweeps Central 2-0
- Mid-Buchanan's T.J. Runyan continues to impress on offense
- Horn, Hall fall in tennis sectionals
- HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER Bishop LeBlond 2 Benton 1
- Savannah, Maryville set for top-10 matchup Friday
- Mike Prater: Lack of focus spoils Boise State’s perfect season
- College football: Farley pleased with bounce-back win
- Minus senior Jason Erdmann, Badgers' shuffling offensive line struggles in defeat
- What we learned: Still unclear who is or can be Missouri's offensive catalyst amid struggles
- Alabama football: Tua undergoes 'tight-rope' surgery for high ankle sprain
- No. 25 Missouri’s offense roars back to life in victory over Tennessee
- Missouri Western falls in overtime to Rogers State
- The fifth quarter: The door reopens for Hawkeyes
- Number of teams leaves Big Sky with uncertain future
- Hawkeyes' Duncan puts his best foot forward