Sunday, July 07, 2019
Saturday, July 06, 2019
The Missouri Department of Conservation has announced a framework to open a limited season for Missouri residents to hunt elk that could start as soon as 2020.
Saturday, June 15, 2019
The Missouri Department of Conservation is increasing its efforts to slow the spread of the deadly deer disease called Chronic Wasting Disease by proposing new regulations that would add carcass disposal requirements for meat processors and taxidermists.
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – The Missouri Department of Conservation invites the public to a series of open houses to learn more about black bears in Missouri.
The Wolf River Chapter of Quail Forever/Pheasants Forever will host its sixth annual Gene & Bruce Hollabaugh Memorial Fishing Derby at the Hiawatha City Lake on Saturday.
Sunday, June 09, 2019
The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) announced it will slightly increase user fees at its five staffed shooting ranges this summer.
Monday, June 03, 2019
The chairman and CEO of Orscheln Industries, Barry Orscheln, was recently confirmed to sit on the 4-person Missouri Conservation Commission which serves to benefit wildlife conservation efforts in the state.
Sunday, May 19, 2019
Sunday, May 05, 2019
Every five days during the spring and summer, Ivan Ray Miller, in Jamesport, Missouri, walks to a uniquely designed housing facility he created for Purple Martins to check for newly hatched birds.
Saturday, May 04, 2019
MINNEAPOLIS — Fans of fresh mushrooms have been flocking to an unlikely spot in Minneapolis for their fungi fix in recent years, but a proposed redevelopment of the site has the farm’s founder worried he may have to shut down.
BISMARCK, N.D. — Deer hunting licenses in North Dakota are taking a big jump this year, and state wildlife officials are fully lifting restrictions on mule deer doe hunting in the west that were implemented eight years ago.
OKLAHOMA CITY — Federal wildlife officials said Wednesday a large scavenging beetle that has been classified as endangered since 1989 has become more plentiful and should be downlisted to threatened, a decision that environmentalists said is not justified by scientific data.
Sunday, April 28, 2019
Wings Over Weston will be held for the 9th year next Saturday with the goal of introducing children and families to wild birds, their migration and the importance of wildlife habitat.
Members of the Missouri Western State University Student Chapter of The Wildlife Society recently earned an award for their work in benefiting the outdoor community, conservation professionals and wildlife students.
Saturday, April 27, 2019
ST. LOUIS — Missouri wildlife officials have placed six Mexican wolf pups born in captivity near St. Louis with two packs in the wild, in a new effort to repopulate the critically endangered species.
- UMKC's Herner shines during freshman season
- Central grad Simone Rodney signs with Western
- Top of the Class: Berry, Rush named Bill Snyder Award winners
- ANPN Spring Boys Coach of the Year: Erich Bodenhausen, Savannah baseball
- ANPN Girls Soccer Player of the Year: Morgan Pettlon, Maryville
- ANPN Girls Coach of the Year: Lisa Olson, St. Joe Christian track
- ANPN Boys Golfer of the Year: Hank Lierz, Bishop LeBlond
- ANPN Boys Track Athlete of the Year: Drew O'Connor, Lathrop
- ANPN Baseball Player of the Year: Braden Berry, Savannah
- ANPN Girls Track Athlete of the Year: Brooklyn Miller, St. Joe Christian
- SEC notebook: Mizzou will present appeal to NCAA this week
- Mizzou, ex-swimming coach dispute claims about his exit
- Mizzou's Bryant seizes the spotlight at SEC media days
- BenFred: Scouting Mizzou QB Kelly Bryant's competition
- SEC media days: Mizzou unveils preseason depth chart
- Mizzou and looming NCAA appeal among the top story lines at SEC media days
- BenFred: If Mizzou can beat NCAA, Tigers could be in line for special season
- A Will and A Way: Western assistant credits past mentors for climb
- Northwest tennis standout attributes hall of fame honor to former coach
- New tennis coach to bring experience, competitiveness to Western