Tuesday, December 10, 2019
COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ) The UM Board of Curators voted unanimously to hire Eli Drinkwitz as the University of Missouri’s new football coach. In a release, MU said Drinkwitz’ contract “will be released after the completion of the human resources process.” “I can’t wait for every Tiger to meet Eli, he’s a special guy who has
Monday, December 09, 2019
COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ) The University of Missouri has reached an agreement with a new football coach, according to a source. Eliah Drinkwitz is expected to be the 33rd head coach of the Mizzou football team. An MU spokesman said an official announcement is close, but nothing will happen Sunday night. Drinkwitz, 36, comes to MU
Saturday, December 07, 2019
After extending its playoff run into the Super Region 3 final for the first time since 2016, No. 3 Northwest Missouri State finally saw an end to its season, as the No. 1 Ferris State Bulldogs routed the Bearcats in a 25-3 victory at Top Taggart Field in Big Rapids, Michigan.
The No. 1 Northwest men’s basketball team ended its longest win streak in program and MIAA history at 46 wins, losing 72-60 to Central Missouri in the team’s second MIAA game of the season Saturday in Warrensburg, Missouri.
TEXARKANA, Ark. — Ten minutes into his first postseason game, Trey Vaval showed exactly what makes him an All-American returner.
Missouri Western rebounded from just its second loss of the year, dominating Lincoln in a 66-47 win Saturday at Jason Gym in Jefferson City, Missouri.
Friday, December 06, 2019
TEXARKANA, Ark. — Based on the opening minutes of the 2019 season, it was far from a guarantee Missouri Western would reach its goals for the year.
Northwest Missouri State landed three players on the D2CCA All-Super Region 3 Team released Friday, while Missouri Western earned a pair of honors.
Thursday, December 05, 2019
WARRENSBURG, Mo. — As Missouri Western made its way down to Thursday's destination, Will Eames looked out the window of his charter bus and saw the town of his alma mater, Lee’s Summit High School.
MARYVILLE, Mo. — After suffering a season-ending injury last year, linebacker Andy Hessler had to watch from the sidelines as the Bearcats traveled to face Ferris State for the first time since the 2016 semifinals.
Wednesday, December 04, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — After a solid start in the preseason against tough opponents including two Division I teams, the Bearcat women’s basketball team now hits the road for their first taste of MIAA action this season.
MARYVILLE, Mo. — After winning the first games of the 2019-20 season, the Northwest Missouri State men have a win streak of 45, one that dates back to the start of the 2018-19 season.
Tuesday, December 03, 2019
As the Bearcats packed their bags and travelled back to Maryville after losing in the second round of the NCAA Division II playoffs last year, head coach Rich Wright knew what he had to do.
Northwest Missouri State offensive lineman Tanner Owen and Missouri Western returner Trey Vaval were named to the American Football Coaches Association’s All-American squad.
Monday, December 02, 2019
As Matt Williamson watches the NCAA Division II Playoffs unfold, seeing conference foe Central Missouri advance to the regional semis and rival Northwest now battling for a spot in the national semis, he feels how close his team was.
Saturday, November 30, 2019
The Missouri Western women overcame a nine-point halftime deficit by scoring 27 points in the third quarter of a 74-67 win against Florida Southern on Saturday in the FairField Inn Thanksgiving Classic at MWSU Fieldhouse.
- Benton basketball crowned at Savannah Invitational
- Central drops first-half lead to top-ranked Bishop Miege
- Schrader resigns as Savannah football coach
- Retaking the rivalry - Benton defeats Maryville to advance in Savannah Invitational
- Maryville girls roll past Benton in Savannah Invitational
- Local Results for Dec. 2, 2019
- Lathrop falls to Lutheran North in state semifinals
- Mound City sticks to ground game in record-breaking state performance
- Mid-Buchanan falls to Valle Catholic in semifinals
- Mound City runs past Southwest Livingston for record 8th 8-man title
- FCS playoffs: James Madison's Carter, Daka top defensive duo in FCS
- UNI football: Allen a man on a mission
- Huskers have 100 earn Big Ten all-academic honors
- Ex-Husker players go before judge on sexual assault allegations, neither yet charged
- Mizzou chat: Dave Matter Live at 11 a.m.
- College report from Wednesday: NCHS graduate Ben Wong makes Academic All-America team
- WHO IS CHAD MORRIS?: Former Arkansas HC might be perfect fit to be Auburn's new OC
- Alabama football: Harris' career comes full circle with Citrus Bowl matchup against Michigan
- Energy and elusiveness: Eliah Drinkwitz's strengths and weaknesses
- Recruiting Ticker, Dec. 11: A four-star OLB planning to visit Huskers on final weekend