Thursday, February 27, 2020
MARYVILLE, Mo. — The No. 1-ranked Bearcats overpowered a first half lull to finish off Washburn 69-61, winning their 20th consecutive game overall and 33rd straight at home on senior night Thursday at Bearcat Arena.
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
The No. 1-ranked Bearcats snapped Missouri Western’s perfect 11-0 home record in front of a sold-out crowd, defeating the Griffons 92-69 Tuesday night at MWSU Fieldhouse.
Monday, February 24, 2020
Before February of last year, the rivalry between the Northwest Missouri State and Missouri Western basketball teams actually wasn’t much of one.
Saturday, February 22, 2020
Over the course of 40 minutes Saturday at MWSU Fieldhouse, Sundance Wicks needed the contributions of all 11 Griffons to see the floor.
MARYVILLE, Mo — Despite an uncharacteristic first half shooting slump (1-for-10) from beyond the arc, the No. 1 Bearcats managed to overcome Pittsburg State, 73-64 on Saturday at Bearcat Arena.
Friday, February 21, 2020
Before Thursday night’s one-point win over No. 17 Missouri Southern, the last time the No. 1 Northwest men’s basketball team won a game in such a fashion also came at the hands of the Lions four years ago.
Missouri Western Baseball has had a rough start to the season, sitting at 3-8 prior to a doubleheader home opener against Minot State on Friday.
Thursday, February 20, 2020
With one toss of the basketball Thursday at MWSU Fieldhouse, the fortune of the Missouri Western men’s basketball team changed for Friday afternoon.
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Northwest women’s basketball dropped its third straight game, 58-42, to Missouri Southern Thursday evening in Bearcat Arena.
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Due to transportation issues for the Pittsburg State women's basketball team, Missouri Western has altered Wednesday's scheduled doubleheader against the Gorillas.
The No. 1-ranked Northwest Missouri State men are in line to host the Central Region Tournament next month after the NCAA’s initial release Wednesday.
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
MARYVILLE, Mo. — The No. 1-ranked Bearcats need just one more league victory to win the program’s 20th MIAA regular season title and earn their seventh straight MIAA crown.
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Sitting in the presence of a room full of reporters, Northwest women’s basketball coach Austin Meyer tried to tally how many consecutive times the Bearcats have lost to Pittsburg State.
Monday, February 17, 2020
Sunday, February 16, 2020
- East Buchanan's Kevin Bryan retires as head coach
- Hummer family ends dynasty with one more medal
- Lathrop's Wright takes runner-up at state
- Bevy of local wrestlers take home medals at state tournament
- Busy Benton: Cardinals keep all three qualifiers alive for state medals
- Greiner goes for gold: Lone Lafayette wrestler advances to finals
- Savannah's Kurre wins gold at state swimming
- Benton boys rebound in MEC win against LeBlond
- Benton, Lafayette combine for 4 quarterfinalists; Cameron, KCI have strong Day 1 showings
- Maryville survives Benton's surge as regular season nears finale
- Ruggs runs sixth-fastest 40-yard dash in NFL combine history
- No. 1 Northwest comes from behind to down Washburn in season finale
- HIGHLIGHTS: Northwest men complete regular season with win; Bearcat won drop 6th straight
- LOCAL BRIEFS: Missouri tennis kicks off SEC play
- Trenton grad Ainsley Tolson finding success in 1st season at Jewell
- The curious case of Reed Nikko: Just how much has the big man raised his game?
- Ex-Husker Tanner Farmer named GPAC wrestler of the year
- Schweizer adds American record to budding professional resume
- UW's strength coach won't be surprised if Logan Wilson 'shows out' at NFL combine
- For ex-Badgers linebacker Zack Baun, combine is a place where everybody knows your name