Tuesday, October 15, 2019
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump honored the Stanley Cup champion St. Louis Blues on Tuesday, using the occasion to touch on the situation in Turkey and an agriculture deal with China.
Another frustrating weekend of flag-filled football culminated with the Packers' 23-22 last-second win over the Lions on Monday night thanks to two phantom hands-to-the-face calls on Detroit defensive end Trey Flowers.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — "Desperate Housewives" star Felicity Huffman — aka prisoner No. 77806-112 — reported Tuesday to a federal prison in California to serve a two-week sentence in a college admissions scandal that ensnared dozens of wealthy mothers and fathers trying to get their children in…
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — IndyCar turned laps at Richmond Raceway for the first time in a decade during a Tuesday tire test that gave the series' most recent two champions a look at both the Virginia track and new cockpit protection.
TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — Ryan Blaney emerged safely from the wreckage at Talladega Superspeedway that claimed other playoff contenders, winning by a tiny margin that was huge for his championship hopes.
NEW YORK (AP) — Aaron Hicks returned to the New York Yankees' starting lineup on Tuesday for the first time since Aug. 3 and Giancarlo Stanton remained out for the second straight game when the AL Championship Series resumed with the Yankees and Astros tied 1-all.
HONG KONG (AP) — When the ball smashed into a photo of LeBron James' face stuck above the hoop and dropped into the basket, the Hong Kong protesters cheered.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles Clippers shocked the NBA by landing two superstars to go with a proven supporting cast. Only one of them will be on the floor to start the season.
The Rockets are not engaging in the conversation on LeBron James's criticism of Houston general manager Daryl Morey's tweet in support of Hong Kong's pro-democracy protests.
DUBLIN, Calif. (AP) — Representative for Felicity Huffman says she has reported to prison to serve sentence in college admissions scandal.
LSU quarterback Joe Burrow, who is on a record-breaking pace during the first half of the season, and Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor highlight The Associated Press midseason All-America team released Tuesday.
As part of its celebration of its 100th season, the NFL is designating a Game of the Week, each chosen to highlight a classic matchup. For this week, it is the Packers-Raiders game.
NEW YORK (AP) — Gerrit Cole walked into a conference room after one of his first spring training workouts with the Houston Astros in February 2018 and was met by about 10 people.
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea held South Korea to a 0-0 draw Tuesday in a World Cup qualifying soccer match played in an empty stadium in Pyongyang.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — LeBron James believes Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey "was either misinformed or not really educated on the situation" regarding the potential consequences of his actions when he tweeted in support of Hong Kong's pro-democracy protests.
PARIS (AP) — Like a giant roller-coaster from start to finish over five mountain ranges, next year's Tour de France will feature new summits and only a few time-trial kilometers.
- Savannah tops Chillicothe, continues hunt for MEC title
- Mid-Buchanan shuts out Plattsburg on road
- Lafayette rebounds on the road in win against Cameron
- Week 7: Friday night football scores
- Game of the Week: Savannah hosts Chillicothe
- LeBlond volleyball sweeps Lafayette
- Friday's high school football schedule
- A walk at Hyde park - Lafayette downs Benton in MEC showdown
- Savannah takes district golf crown; Long wins individual title
- Lafayette rebounds with home sweep of Benton
- Arizona Wildcats land 3-star German pass-catcher Roberto Miranda for 2020
- Illinois continues to struggle in Lovie Smith's fourth season as coach
- Mizzou picked 13th (out of 14) in SEC basketball preseason poll
- Griffon Sports Spotlight: October 14, 2019
- Hawkeye 10@10: Depth chart changes, and focus on Purdue
- Stopping the run crucial in the Big Ten West, Huskers rank the worst
- Dave Matter: Confused by Mizzou's NCAA case? Here are some answers
- Could Grant Gunnell have a bigger role behind Khalil Tate in Arizona Wildcats’ QB mix?
- Krumholz deep shot
- Cephus TD