Saturday, August 22, 2015
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Eric Berry has made the drive into Arrowhead Stadium on game day dozens of times over the years. On Friday night, he rolled down the windows and went a little bit slower.
Friday, August 21, 2015
The pod situated between Alex Smith’s shoulder blades is about the size of a deck of cards, so small that the Chiefs quarterback barely notices it when he slips off his pads.
Thursday, August 20, 2015
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The last time Derrick Johnson set foot in Arrowhead Stadium, he crumpled to the turf without anybody around him. As he stared up at the sky, his foot numb, the Chiefs’ star linebacker had a sinking suspicion what was wrong.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Even though it was the last day of Chiefs training camp, the focus was on the military as Chiefs staff, coaches and players thanked members for their service during Military Appreciation Day.
A field full of players and military members from various branches breaking down the huddle marked the end of another three weeks of training camp in St. Joseph.
Monday, August 17, 2015
Friday, August 14, 2015
KANSAS CITY, Mo. | The Chiefs could be forced to rest a handful of players in their exhibition opener Saturday night in Arizona because of nagging injuries picked up during training camp.
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
The Chiefs’ Jamaal Charles sounded off on the ineptness of his offensive line last season following Wednesday’s practice, a rare departure from the normally buttoned-up running back.
Coming into this season after the acquisitions of guards Ben Grubbs and Paul Fanaika, the thought of Zach Fulton retaking his starting spot seemed dim.
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
The Kansas City Chiefs churned through four coaches in eight years before Andy Reid arrived, and far more offensive and defensive coordinators. Each of them had varying schemes and ideas, and the result was a hodge-podge of failure.
Monday, August 10, 2015
Much has been made of Kansas City’s first-round draft pick Marcus Peters and second-year pro Phillip Gaines having a good camp thus far.
Saturday, August 08, 2015
He has a 95 rating on Madden but he doesn’t care. He doesn’t touch the ball a lot but it’s not a big deal. The Kansas City Chiefs website says he has two career touchdowns, but he says he has three.
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. — The Kansas City Chiefs have waived wide receiver Armon Binns and linebacker Sage Harold and signed offensive tackle Anthony Dima and wide receiver Adam Drake in a series of moves Saturday.
The Chiefs hit the field a little late Saturday morning due to the rainy weather, but it didn’t stop fans from participating in American Family Fun Day at Chiefs Training Camp.
- UMKC's Herner shines during freshman season
- Central grad Simone Rodney signs with Western
- Top of the Class: Berry, Rush named Bill Snyder Award winners
- ANPN Spring Boys Coach of the Year: Erich Bodenhausen, Savannah baseball
- ANPN Girls Soccer Player of the Year: Morgan Pettlon, Maryville
- ANPN Girls Coach of the Year: Lisa Olson, St. Joe Christian track
- ANPN Boys Golfer of the Year: Hank Lierz, Bishop LeBlond
- ANPN Boys Track Athlete of the Year: Drew O'Connor, Lathrop
- ANPN Baseball Player of the Year: Braden Berry, Savannah
- ANPN Girls Track Athlete of the Year: Brooklyn Miller, St. Joe Christian
- Longtime Mizzou volleyball coaches announce retirement
- Mizzou makes final appeal in NCAA sanctions case
- Josh Caldwell prepares for Chiefs Training Camp
- Matter on the SEC: Humbled by Clemson loss, Alabama is after the throne again
- Former Bearcat 'trying to smell the roses' ahead of NFL training camp
- Free from postseason ban, Ole Miss knows Mizzou's NCAA blues
- Matter's SEC Notebook: Saban's former staffers still chasing the master
- Mizzou's Tre Williams pleads guilty to reduced charge
- SEC notebook: Mizzou will present appeal to NCAA this week
- Mizzou, ex-swimming coach dispute claims about his exit