Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Friday, October 30, 2015
PORTLAND, Ore. — The Portland Timbers advanced in the MLS Cup playoffs in dramatic style by besting Sporting Kansas City 7-6 on a penalty shootout after a tense 2-2 draw on Thursday night.
Saturday, August 08, 2015
TORONTO — Benny Feilhaber scored on a penalty kick and also had an assist in Sporting Kansas City's 3-1 victory over Toronto FC on Saturday.
Wednesday, August 05, 2015
NEW YORK — Chicago midfielder Matt Watson was suspended an additional game by MLS on Wednesday for a serious foul in the Fire's 2-0 victory over FC Dallas on Sunday night,
Monday, July 20, 2015
Monday, July 13, 2015
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Michael Bradley scored the equalizer early in the second half, helping the United States to a 1-1 draw with Panama on Monday night and wrapping up a sluggish but unbeaten trip through group play in the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
NEW YORK — Toronto FC's Michael Bradley and Seattle's Clint Dempsey headline eight U.S. national team players on the MLS All-Star team that will face English Premier League club Tottenham on July 29.
Sunday, July 12, 2015
VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Kevin Ellis scored in the 52nd minute, and Sporting Kansas City beat the Vancouver Whitecaps 1-0 on Sunday night.
Thursday, July 09, 2015
Sporting Kansas City will add another name to its list of Sporting Legends later this year, and this year's inductee will come from a short list of three former players and the club's first coach.
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
SAN ANTONIO — Stanford sophomore Jordan Morris scored early in the second half in his first start for the U.S. national team, Juan Agudelo added his first international goal in four years and the Americans dispatched Mexico by their traditional 2-0 score in an exhibition game Wednesday night.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
NEW YORK — The knockout rounds of next year's CONCACAF Gold Cup will be played at Atlanta, Baltimore and Philadelphia along with East Rutherford, New Jersey, and part of the tournament will be played in Canada for the first time.
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Sporting Kansas City took another step toward securing spot in the quarterfinals of CONCACAF Champions League, beating Honduran champions Real Esteli 3-0 on Tuesday at Sporting Park.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Wednesday, August 06, 2014
PORTLAND, Ore. — By the time the MLS All-Star game rolls around on Wednesday night, coach Caleb Porter will have had two training sessions with his All-Stars.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — The group that owns Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday announced plans for a $75 million soccer complex that backers hope will help Kansas City become the soccer capital of the U.S.
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Friday, June 06, 2014
HOUSTON — Soony Saad scored late in the first half, and Dominic Dwyer added a penalty kick goal in the second to help 10-man Sporting Kansas City beat the Houston Dynamo 2-0 on Friday night.
Thursday, June 05, 2014
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Friday, May 23, 2014
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Dom Dwyer scored his ninth and 10th goals of the season as Sporting Kansas City drew 2-2 with short-handed Toronto FC in Major League Soccer on Friday.
- Lafayette grad Ike Book returns from injury to pursue college baseball dream
- SJSD cancels jamborees, awaits decision on upcoming fall sports
- Savannah R-III announces positive COVID-19 for student-athlete
- Central softball stays atop of game with travel ball, commitment to summer workouts
- MSHSAA releases guidelines for opening fall sports, activities
- MFCA recommends limitations to prep for football season
- Benton track facility receives makeover while student-athletes gear up for fall sports
- Accountability a top priority as Lafayette football returns to action
- SJSD, area schools push athletics programs to next phase with indoor activities
- Chillicothe activities shut down following student testing positive for COVID-19
- Tide could owe $3.5 million for canceled non-conference games
- Joseph enrolls at Nebraska, takes next step in joining football team
- Second-year AU offensive lineman enters transfer portal
- Husker volleyball team about to begin practice, but Cook says playing in spring may be better option
- UPDATES: Tucson area coronavirus developments, Aug. 4: Here's what we know
- Former Missouri football player hired as assistant coach of the Washington Football Team
- FORMER HUSKER WR HAS NEW HOME
- AND THEN THERE WAS ONE
- Auburn's Okoro to keep name in NBA draft pool
- Juco transfer DB Joseph is on campus, enrolled at UNL to become official member of team