Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Friday, October 30, 2015
PORTLAND, Ore. — The Portland Timbers advanced in the MLS Cup playoffs in dramatic style by besting Sporting Kansas City 7-6 on a penalty shootout after a tense 2-2 draw on Thursday night.
Saturday, August 08, 2015
TORONTO — Benny Feilhaber scored on a penalty kick and also had an assist in Sporting Kansas City's 3-1 victory over Toronto FC on Saturday.
Wednesday, August 05, 2015
NEW YORK — Chicago midfielder Matt Watson was suspended an additional game by MLS on Wednesday for a serious foul in the Fire's 2-0 victory over FC Dallas on Sunday night,
Monday, July 20, 2015
Monday, July 13, 2015
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Michael Bradley scored the equalizer early in the second half, helping the United States to a 1-1 draw with Panama on Monday night and wrapping up a sluggish but unbeaten trip through group play in the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
NEW YORK — Toronto FC's Michael Bradley and Seattle's Clint Dempsey headline eight U.S. national team players on the MLS All-Star team that will face English Premier League club Tottenham on July 29.
Sunday, July 12, 2015
VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Kevin Ellis scored in the 52nd minute, and Sporting Kansas City beat the Vancouver Whitecaps 1-0 on Sunday night.
Thursday, July 09, 2015
Sporting Kansas City will add another name to its list of Sporting Legends later this year, and this year's inductee will come from a short list of three former players and the club's first coach.
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
SAN ANTONIO — Stanford sophomore Jordan Morris scored early in the second half in his first start for the U.S. national team, Juan Agudelo added his first international goal in four years and the Americans dispatched Mexico by their traditional 2-0 score in an exhibition game Wednesday night.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
NEW YORK — The knockout rounds of next year's CONCACAF Gold Cup will be played at Atlanta, Baltimore and Philadelphia along with East Rutherford, New Jersey, and part of the tournament will be played in Canada for the first time.
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Sporting Kansas City took another step toward securing spot in the quarterfinals of CONCACAF Champions League, beating Honduran champions Real Esteli 3-0 on Tuesday at Sporting Park.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Wednesday, August 06, 2014
PORTLAND, Ore. — By the time the MLS All-Star game rolls around on Wednesday night, coach Caleb Porter will have had two training sessions with his All-Stars.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — The group that owns Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday announced plans for a $75 million soccer complex that backers hope will help Kansas City become the soccer capital of the U.S.
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Friday, June 06, 2014
HOUSTON — Soony Saad scored late in the first half, and Dominic Dwyer added a penalty kick goal in the second to help 10-man Sporting Kansas City beat the Houston Dynamo 2-0 on Friday night.
Thursday, June 05, 2014
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Friday, May 23, 2014
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Dom Dwyer scored his ninth and 10th goals of the season as Sporting Kansas City drew 2-2 with short-handed Toronto FC in Major League Soccer on Friday.
- Savannah defense shuts down Chillicothe for district title
- Mid-Buchanan overcomes sluggish start to down Hamilton for C1D7 championship
- Mound City avenges loss to East Atchison for semifinal berth
- Lathrop wins district title at Maryville on miracle fourth-down conversion
- Pattonsburg rides Willhite's 10 TDs to district title win over Worth Country
- Mid-Buchanan set to host Hamilton for district crown
- Maryville hosts Lathrop in Class 2 District 8 championship
- Centrals' Abby Sollars to play volleyball at Missouri Western
- East Buchanan standout Kilgore commits to Idaho
- Mules head coach returns to Maryville for district championship
- Badgers' new defensive alignment produces mixed results
- Dave Matter: Read his chat Q-&-A for updates on Mizzou football and basketball
- Cole Van Lanen out for Badgers against Purdue, Tyler Biadasz named Outland semifinalist
- Wyoming out to keep emotions in check in its quest for another Border War win
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Walters praises Noa, Maryland's defense
- Running backs continue adjustments; offensive line showing improvement
- Marks nears end of football career with future in ministry approaching
- 10 @ 10: Hawkeyes benefiting from increased recruiting in southeast
- The Other Side: Q&A with Colorado State beat writer Kelly Lyell
- Colorado State at Wyoming: Storylines