Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Friday, October 30, 2015
PORTLAND, Ore. — The Portland Timbers advanced in the MLS Cup playoffs in dramatic style by besting Sporting Kansas City 7-6 on a penalty shootout after a tense 2-2 draw on Thursday night.
Saturday, August 08, 2015
TORONTO — Benny Feilhaber scored on a penalty kick and also had an assist in Sporting Kansas City's 3-1 victory over Toronto FC on Saturday.
Wednesday, August 05, 2015
NEW YORK — Chicago midfielder Matt Watson was suspended an additional game by MLS on Wednesday for a serious foul in the Fire's 2-0 victory over FC Dallas on Sunday night,
Sunday, July 26, 2015
Monday, July 20, 2015
Monday, July 13, 2015
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Michael Bradley scored the equalizer early in the second half, helping the United States to a 1-1 draw with Panama on Monday night and wrapping up a sluggish but unbeaten trip through group play in the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
NEW YORK — Toronto FC's Michael Bradley and Seattle's Clint Dempsey headline eight U.S. national team players on the MLS All-Star team that will face English Premier League club Tottenham on July 29.
Sunday, July 12, 2015
VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Kevin Ellis scored in the 52nd minute, and Sporting Kansas City beat the Vancouver Whitecaps 1-0 on Sunday night.
Thursday, July 09, 2015
Sporting Kansas City will add another name to its list of Sporting Legends later this year, and this year's inductee will come from a short list of three former players and the club's first coach.
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
SAN ANTONIO — Stanford sophomore Jordan Morris scored early in the second half in his first start for the U.S. national team, Juan Agudelo added his first international goal in four years and the Americans dispatched Mexico by their traditional 2-0 score in an exhibition game Wednesday night.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
NEW YORK — The knockout rounds of next year's CONCACAF Gold Cup will be played at Atlanta, Baltimore and Philadelphia along with East Rutherford, New Jersey, and part of the tournament will be played in Canada for the first time.
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Sporting Kansas City took another step toward securing spot in the quarterfinals of CONCACAF Champions League, beating Honduran champions Real Esteli 3-0 on Tuesday at Sporting Park.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Wednesday, August 06, 2014
PORTLAND, Ore. — By the time the MLS All-Star game rolls around on Wednesday night, coach Caleb Porter will have had two training sessions with his All-Stars.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — The group that owns Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday announced plans for a $75 million soccer complex that backers hope will help Kansas City become the soccer capital of the U.S.
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Friday, June 06, 2014
HOUSTON — Soony Saad scored late in the first half, and Dominic Dwyer added a penalty kick goal in the second to help 10-man Sporting Kansas City beat the Houston Dynamo 2-0 on Friday night.
Thursday, June 05, 2014
Saturday, May 31, 2014
- Pigskin Preview: Lathrop's reloaded backfield ready roll
- Pigskin Preview: East Buch hopes to live up to proud tradition
- High school teams hit gridiron to open practice
- Lafayette graduate Ike Book undergoes surgery in hopes of furthering his baseball career
- Lafayette's Luikart commits to Oklahoma
- Mike Buckler officially retires, feels blessed for supportive community
- Schoeberl swings for more at international tournament
- Ball State's Audrey Schank has breakthrough swim season
- Central grad running to find her passion
- Benton promotes participation through multi-sports camp
- Mizzou's Odom fights trend with his predominantly black coaching staff
- Missouri Western uses first scrimmage to continue build up to season's start
- Missouri Western names 2019 Hall of Fame class
- Missouri Western to build Griffon Athletics Hall of Fame
- Kirkwood's Massey turning heads at Mizzou camp
- Northwest women's hoops release non-conference slate
- Mizzou's trio of young wide receivers ready for a big encore
- Mizzou notebook: Albert O. sidelined; injuries test depth at tight end
- 50 years and running -- Griffon football holds first practice of the season
- Northwest hits the field for fall camp