Wednesday, July 10, 2019
CLEVELAND — Faced with a record onslaught of home runs that has convinced many pitchers that baseballs are juiced, Commissioner Rob Manfred says the sport has been unable to find any changes in the manufacturing process.
Tuesday, July 09, 2019
Tuesday, May 28, 2019
CHICAGO — Yolmer Sanchez hit a tying single, then entertained his White Sox teammates with a dugout show during a long rain delay before Chicago’s game against the Kansas City Royals was suspended in the fifth inning with the score 1-all Monday.
Thursday, May 16, 2019
ATLANTA — Austin Riley went 3 for 4 and drove in a run, Julio Teheran pitched five-plus scoreless innings, and the Atlanta Braves won for the fifth time in six games with a 10-2 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday night.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
ATLANTA — St. Louis hit four home runs, including three-run shots by Marcell Ozuna, Yadier Molina and Kolten Wong, and the Cardinals beat struggling right-hander Mike Foltynewicz and the Atlanta Braves 14-3 on Tuesday night.
Friday, May 10, 2019
ST. LOUIS — Marcell Ozuna drove in four runs and Dexter Fowler had three RBIs, leading the St. Louis Cardinals to a 17-4 rout of the Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday night.
Thursday, May 02, 2019
WASHINGTON — Stephen Strasburg reached 1,500 strikeouts in fewer innings than any pitcher in major league history, and the Washington Nationals beat the St. Louis Cardinals 2-1 after a long rain delay Thursday to salvage the finale of a four-game series.
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Saturday, April 20, 2019
ST. LOUIS — Rookie Pete Alonso hit his seventh home run, Robinson Cano added three hits and the New York Mets held off the St. Louis Cardinals 5-4 on Friday night.
Friday, April 19, 2019
Thursday, April 18, 2019
MILWAUKEE — Michael Wacha effectively cooled off NL MVP Christian Yelich, and the St. Louis Cardinals finally broke through against the reigning division champs.
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
LOS ANGELES — Vin Scully joined the widow of Jackie Robinson to honor the player who broke baseball’s color barrier during Robinson’s centennial birthday celebration Monday night.
Monday, April 15, 2019
MILWAUKEE — Christian Yelich hit three homers, including a pair of three-run shots, and drove in a career-high seven runs to power the Milwaukee Brewers past the St. Louis Cardinals 10-7 on Monday night.
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
ST. LOUIS — Yadier Molina and Marcell Ozuna homered, Jack Flaherty tossed six effective innings and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 7-2 on Wednesday night.
Monday, April 08, 2019
ST. LOUIS — Marcell Ozuna homered to back a solid start by Miles Mikolas, and the St. Louis Cardinals rallied for a 4-3 victory over the Dodgers on Monday night, ending Los Angeles’ five-game winning streak.
Friday, April 05, 2019
ST. LOUIS — San Diego rookie Fernando Tatis Jr. knew all about the passionate St. Louis fan base — he was given a heads-up by his father, Fernando Sr., who played three seasons for the Cardinals.
Tuesday, April 02, 2019
PITTSBURGH — Down four on the road late against a team feeding off the adrenaline of its home opener, the St. Louis Cardinals waited patiently for the buzz to wear off.
- UMKC's Herner shines during freshman season
- Central grad Simone Rodney signs with Western
- Top of the Class: Berry, Rush named Bill Snyder Award winners
- ANPN Spring Boys Coach of the Year: Erich Bodenhausen, Savannah baseball
- ANPN Girls Soccer Player of the Year: Morgan Pettlon, Maryville
- ANPN Girls Coach of the Year: Lisa Olson, St. Joe Christian track
- ANPN Boys Golfer of the Year: Hank Lierz, Bishop LeBlond
- ANPN Boys Track Athlete of the Year: Drew O'Connor, Lathrop
- ANPN Baseball Player of the Year: Braden Berry, Savannah
- ANPN Girls Track Athlete of the Year: Brooklyn Miller, St. Joe Christian
- Longtime Mizzou volleyball coaches announce retirement
- Mizzou makes final appeal in NCAA sanctions case
- Josh Caldwell prepares for Chiefs Training Camp
- Matter on the SEC: Humbled by Clemson loss, Alabama is after the throne again
- Former Bearcat 'trying to smell the roses' ahead of NFL training camp
- Free from postseason ban, Ole Miss knows Mizzou's NCAA blues
- Matter's SEC Notebook: Saban's former staffers still chasing the master
- Mizzou's Tre Williams pleads guilty to reduced charge
- SEC notebook: Mizzou will present appeal to NCAA this week
- Mizzou, ex-swimming coach dispute claims about his exit