Wednesday, July 10, 2019
CLEVELAND — Faced with a record onslaught of home runs that has convinced many pitchers that baseballs are juiced, Commissioner Rob Manfred says the sport has been unable to find any changes in the manufacturing process.
Tuesday, July 09, 2019
Tuesday, May 28, 2019
CHICAGO — Yolmer Sanchez hit a tying single, then entertained his White Sox teammates with a dugout show during a long rain delay before Chicago’s game against the Kansas City Royals was suspended in the fifth inning with the score 1-all Monday.
Thursday, May 16, 2019
ATLANTA — Austin Riley went 3 for 4 and drove in a run, Julio Teheran pitched five-plus scoreless innings, and the Atlanta Braves won for the fifth time in six games with a 10-2 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday night.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
ATLANTA — St. Louis hit four home runs, including three-run shots by Marcell Ozuna, Yadier Molina and Kolten Wong, and the Cardinals beat struggling right-hander Mike Foltynewicz and the Atlanta Braves 14-3 on Tuesday night.
Friday, May 10, 2019
ST. LOUIS — Marcell Ozuna drove in four runs and Dexter Fowler had three RBIs, leading the St. Louis Cardinals to a 17-4 rout of the Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday night.
Thursday, May 02, 2019
WASHINGTON — Stephen Strasburg reached 1,500 strikeouts in fewer innings than any pitcher in major league history, and the Washington Nationals beat the St. Louis Cardinals 2-1 after a long rain delay Thursday to salvage the finale of a four-game series.
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Saturday, April 20, 2019
ST. LOUIS — Rookie Pete Alonso hit his seventh home run, Robinson Cano added three hits and the New York Mets held off the St. Louis Cardinals 5-4 on Friday night.
Friday, April 19, 2019
Thursday, April 18, 2019
MILWAUKEE — Michael Wacha effectively cooled off NL MVP Christian Yelich, and the St. Louis Cardinals finally broke through against the reigning division champs.
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
LOS ANGELES — Vin Scully joined the widow of Jackie Robinson to honor the player who broke baseball’s color barrier during Robinson’s centennial birthday celebration Monday night.
Monday, April 15, 2019
MILWAUKEE — Christian Yelich hit three homers, including a pair of three-run shots, and drove in a career-high seven runs to power the Milwaukee Brewers past the St. Louis Cardinals 10-7 on Monday night.
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
ST. LOUIS — Yadier Molina and Marcell Ozuna homered, Jack Flaherty tossed six effective innings and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 7-2 on Wednesday night.
Monday, April 08, 2019
ST. LOUIS — Marcell Ozuna homered to back a solid start by Miles Mikolas, and the St. Louis Cardinals rallied for a 4-3 victory over the Dodgers on Monday night, ending Los Angeles’ five-game winning streak.
Friday, April 05, 2019
ST. LOUIS — San Diego rookie Fernando Tatis Jr. knew all about the passionate St. Louis fan base — he was given a heads-up by his father, Fernando Sr., who played three seasons for the Cardinals.
Tuesday, April 02, 2019
PITTSBURGH — Down four on the road late against a team feeding off the adrenaline of its home opener, the St. Louis Cardinals waited patiently for the buzz to wear off.
- Mid-Buchanan adds girls soccer, led by LeBlond grad Danielle Beers
- Benton's Gwen Worsham, Kamrin Mauzey commit to play volleyball at the next level
- "Sky is the limit" for Christian's Grady Kellam as he pursues football at Ottawa
- Craig Trussell to lead at the helm of Central wrestling program
- Maryville standout Serena Sundell excited to join Kansas State following commitment
- Bishop LeBlond graduate Jaren Guck fulfills dream of playing with Mustangs
- Benton track and field team ready to make an impact after canceled season
- LeBlond's Smith, Central's Hopkins named Scholar-Athletes of the Year
- Central graduate returns home to join Mustangs
- St. Joseph Sports, Inc. to hold virtual banquet ceremony
- Kiaku outlines racist treatment in UA gymnastics
- UPDATES: Tucson area coronavirus developments, June 4: Here's what we know
- Wisconsin athletic department hasn't discussed moving football game against Notre Dame from Lambeau Field
- Red Zone podcast: Badgers recruiting, Power 5 lobbying and remembering Rob Andringa
- Montana State coaches chart path forward to confront racism
- MU student-athletes, coaches march in honor of Floyd
- Alabama football: Linebacker Markail Benton enters transfer portal
- Ennis Rakestraw's arrival at Missouri comes courtesy of a mother's love
- MIKE JARVIS
- Wisconsin Badgers land 3-star DL Mike Jarvis