Saturday, September 14, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Northwest Missouri State overcame a slow start in its home opener to defeat Washburn 38-17 on Saturday at Bearcat Stadium.
Friday, September 13, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — No. 7 Northwest and Washburn head a Saturday Week 2 game sitting at 1-0 on the season, as the Ichabods come off of a 49-27 win over Lincoln last week.
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Despite a 45-35 victory last week against Missouri Western, the Northwest football team expressed its concerns heading into week two of MIAA play.
Monday, September 09, 2019
A historic day for Northwest Missouri State sophomore linebacker Sam Phillips resulted in Northwest Missouri State’s first conference award of the season.
Thursday, September 05, 2019
Thursday night’s game marked the ninth time in a row Northwest has won its season opener, though Missouri Western didn’t go down without a fight in a 45-35 Bearcat victory Thursday at Spratt Stadium.
Wednesday, September 04, 2019
The 2019 MIAA football season officially kicks off tonight with Northwest and Missouri Western pitted against one another for their season opener game.
Tuesday, September 03, 2019
Northwest Missouri State's secondary returns this season without key players who made the leaderboards in 2018, including safety Trent Nally and cornerback Jack Richards.
Sunday, September 01, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Despite securing top spots in the MIAA rankings last season, the Northwest defense needs to fill in some notable linebacker voids that were once held by experienced seniors just a season ago.
Thursday, August 29, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Northwest football made its 2019 Bearcat Stadium debut at the Green and White Scrimmage Thursday. With an initial start time of 6:30 p.m., game time moved to 4 p.m. due to inclement weather.
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — After advancing to the NCAA Division II playoffs last season, Northwest features the No. 1 scoring offense in the MIAA, averaging 36.6 points per game. With seven returning starters on offense this season, the Bearcats are sure to turn some heads yet again.
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Monday, August 26, 2019
While Northwest Missouri State doesn’t return an experienced group of pass catchers in terms of age, they expect an immediate impact from a highly touted group of transfers to build around the current stable of receivers.
Saturday, August 24, 2019
Returning seven starters on offense who gained some postseason exposure last year adds to the list of Northwest’s strengths ahead of their first kickoff against Missouri Western in less than two weeks.
Thursday, August 22, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Northwest head coach Rich Wright finally has something this season that he’s never had in his three years at the helm: a returning quarterback.
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — The days are winding down until the Northwest Missouri Bearcats face-off against the Missouri Western Griffons in both of the squads’ season opening game.
Monday, August 19, 2019
- Week 3: Friday night football scores
- LeBlond volleyball falls short
- Benton hosts Lafayette for in-city rivalry
- Central Golf Invitational
- Friday night's high school football games
- HIGH SCHOOL TENNIS | Benton 8, Excelsior Springs 1
- Central starts off season with first-place victory
- Going, going, gone
- Maryville bests Benton in 2 straight sets
- KCI claims two top-3 spots in Missouri Media football polls
- The fifth quarter: The Hawkeyes' wait was worth it
- Column: Start looks good, but for Penn State, season looks long
- Notebook: Jones, Bailey, Sterk thrive as Bobcats take down Western Illinois
- SEC Nation coming to Aggieland for Auburn game
- Emphasis on cuts in practice leads to big game for Huskers' Mills
- The PG Version: Parker Gabriel's extra points from Huskers-Huskies
- Steven M. Sipple: Even during a strange night, Nebraska takes needed step forward
- Sound waves: What's everyone saying about Saturday's Husker game
- Blackshirts finish the job without allowing a TD
- Grades: Nebraska 44, Northern Illinois 8