Saturday, January 25, 2020
MARYVILLE, Mo. — In the midst of Northwest Missouri State’s 83-57 win over Fort Hays State on Saturday, Trevor Hudgins accomplished something no Bearcat had accomplished before in the program’s storied history.
Thursday, January 23, 2020
MARYVILLE, Mo. — The No. 2 Bearcats improved the second-longest active home winning streak in NCAA Division II to 27 straight games, narrowly defeating Nebraska-Kearney 65-60 at Bearcat Arena on Thursday night.
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Northwest women’s basketball is looking to avoid a losing record, and four-game losing streak, when Nebraska-Kearney visits Bearcat Arena Thursday evening.
MARYVILLE, Mo. — No. 2-ranked Northwest men’s basketball is heading into the heart of its conference schedule. With a matchup against Nebraska-Kearney on Thursday evening, one of the hottest teams in the country according to coach Ben McCollum said, the Bearcats will continue a string of tou…
Saturday, January 18, 2020
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Just five minutes in Saturday’s rivalry inside Bearcat Arena, Missouri Western sophomore Tyrell Carroll fouled Northwest sophomore Diego Bernard on a drive to the basket.
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Without leading scorer Chris Wilson and fresh off the heels and Western’s worst first quarter of the season, Candi Whitaker’s squad got back to what it does best.
Friday, January 17, 2020
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Saturday, January 11, 2020
No. 2 Northwest men’s basketball battled down the stretch to overcome Washburn 73-68 Saturday at Lee Arena.
Thursday, January 09, 2020
The No. 2-ranked Northwest Missouri State men’s basketball team continued its winning ways against Emporia State Thursday night at White Auditorium, posting 71-56 win.
The Northwest Missouri State football program has secured Todd Sturdy as its news offensive coordinator, a familiar face on behalf of head coach Rich Wright.
Monday, January 06, 2020
MARYVILLE, Mo. — With the weight of a close five-point lead at halftime Monday night versus Rogers State, No. 2 Northwest was able to explode after the break on a 16-0 run to move toward their 74-55 victory over the Hillcats to extend their streak at Bearcat Arena.
Saturday, January 04, 2020
MARYVILLE, Mo. — No. 2 Northwest buried 14 of 23 shots from behind the arc en route to its conference home opener victory against Northeastern State, winning 76-65 on Saturday at Bearcat Arena.
Wednesday, January 01, 2020
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Northwest Missouri State started the new year with a firework show as the Bearcats defeated visiting Simpson 101-66 Wednesday at Bearcat Arena.
Monday, December 23, 2019
Northwest junior forward Ryan Hawkins was named MIAA Men’s Basketball Athlete of the Week for the second time this season Monday.
Northwest Missouri State senior defensive lineman Spencer Phillips has been named a finalist for the Cliff Harris Award as the top small college defensive player.
Friday, December 20, 2019
Northwest Missouri State men’s basketball capped off its 2019 portion of the season with an 81-66 win over Truman State on Friday at Bearcat Arena.
Thursday, December 19, 2019
Missouri Western’s Trey Vaval became just the second true freshman named to the D2CCA All-America first team in the 27 years of the honors released Thursday.
Monday, December 16, 2019
Ryan Hawkins scored 28 first-half points and the Bearcats drained 53.6% of their 3-pointers as No. 4 Northwest routed Central Methodist 110-66 on Monday at Bearcat Arena.
- Savannah takes home victory over Cameron
- Luck of the Irish: Lafayette thwarts early struggles to defeat Maryville in MEC opener
- North Andrew, North Platte square-off in boys girls doubleheader
- East Buchanan girls pull away from Cameron behind 3-point shooting
- Central senior AJ Redman reaches career milestone
- Sundell's late run pushes Maryville past St. Pius X in crucial conference opener
- Central falls to Truman in conference opener
- Redman tops 1,000 career points at Central to highlight Steve Vertin Classic
- More than just a boys sport: Benton girls wrestling embraces team's second season
- Bishop LeBlond to host 2nd Annual Steve Vertin Classic
- Stories from the road provide a picture of Husker OC Matt Lubick's recruiting style
- Alabama basketball: Tide withstands poor shooting to down Kansas State in Big 12/SEC Challenge
- Hudgins records first triple-double in Northwest history in win versus Fort Hays
- Thames' 22 powers Western men to win against UNK, 7-0 home record
- Virginia Tech wide receiver commits to Missouri
- Missouri wrestling clinches share of conference title with doubleheader sweep
- Local Roundup: Hickman wins, Rock Bridge loses in mid-season girls basketball tournaments
- Former Arizona Wildcats DC Marcel Yates gets a new job, and it's in the Pac-12
- Super Bowl chance for ex-Cat Earl Mitchell of the San Francisco 49ers was 10 years — and one month — in the making
- Shooting woes once again Missouri's downfall in road loss to West Virginia