Saturday, November 16, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Prior to No. 12 Northwest Missouri State’s meeting with No. 9 Central Missouri, Rich Wright held an intimate meeting with his coaching staff in the locker room.
Friday, November 15, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — It’s a contest of two of the top scoring teams in the nation on Saturday, as No. 12 Northwest hosts No. 9 Central Missouri at Bearcat Stadium with a conference title on the line.
Thursday, November 14, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Northwest men’s basketball trailed for the first six minutes and 44 seconds in its home debut against Saint Mary on Thursday evening in Bearcat Arena.
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Both Northwest women and the women of Kansas Christian came into their matchup against each other with one win when they faced off in Bearcat Arena Wednesday evening. Only one of those teams would be left with its second win of the season when the game was over.
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Time is ticking for the No. 12 Bearcats to perform the tasks they’ve about preached about all season long: Achieving their playoff and championship goals.
Monday, November 11, 2019
Saturday, November 09, 2019
A little more than 24 hours after falling in its first game of the season, Missouri Western earned its inaugural win under the direction of Candi Whitaker.
HAYS, Kan. — Fort Hays State receiver Deandre Reed watched a ball fly through the air that was sure to be intercepted — until it wasn’t. Seconds later, Reed extended the ball over the goal line to force a second overtime.
Friday, November 08, 2019
Missouri Western men’s basketball got its first win of the season when its defeated Minnesota State Moorhead 70-55 on Friday in the first day of the Hillyard Tip-off Classic at Civic Arena.
Wednesday, November 06, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — After losing to Wayne State last year 75-58 in their season opener, the Northwest Missouri State women’s basketball team looks to bring its newly cultivated mindset as well as higher expectations heading into a rematch that kicks off the regular season this weekend.
Tuesday, November 05, 2019
Saturday, November 02, 2019
It may have taken some second-half heroics and a historic performance from No. 1 Northwest Missouri State forward Ryan Hawkins, but the Bearcats pulled away from Southern Nazarene late for a 100-88 win in a rematch against last season’s regional semifinal opponent on Saturday at Civic Arena.
MARYVILLE, Mo. — As Northeastern State quarterback Jacob Medrano dropped back to pass on the first play of the game, he watched the ball hit the ground. The same ringed true much of Saturday afternoon against No. 14 Northwest at Bearcat Stadium.
Friday, November 01, 2019
MARYVILLE, Mo. — As the No. 14 Bearcats finish up the regular season and playoffs inch closer, head coach Rich Wright looks to control what he calls, ‘the secret sauce,’ featuring a capitalization on a tough playoff schedule.
Thursday, October 31, 2019
The Division II basketball season begins with a packed slate of action today and Saturday at Civic Arena in the nation’s premier showcase.
- Mid-Buchanan set to host Hamilton for district crown
- Maryville hosts Lathrop in Class 2 District 8 championship
- Centrals' Abby Sollars to play volleyball at Missouri Western
- East Buchanan standout Kilgore commits to Idaho
- Mules head coach returns to Maryville for district championship
- Bishop LeBlond's Juliann Smith kicks off soccer career, signs with William Jewell
- East Atchison to host Mound City in shootout rematch for 8-Man District 4 Championship
- Hubbard named St. Joseph Sports, Inc. Coach of the Year
- Savannah set for rematch with Chillicothe for Class 3 District 8 title
- Pattonsburg, Worth County set to meet in 8-Man District 3 title game
- 2021 OL commit Lutovsky sees 'great fit' with Huskers and promising future up front
- What we learned: Defensive tackles providing firm foundation for defense
- Paul Chryst, Badgers eye home finale, avoid looking ahead to Minnesota in two weeks
- College football: Farley making no excuses for Panthers
- Missouri extends winning streak to four; defeats South Carolina in straight sets
- The fifth quarter: Bringing home the bacon
- Pool: Bobcats making right plays at right times at right point in season
- 'There's no 24-hour rule': Wyoming quickly moving on to short Border War week
- Gus Malzahn says all the same things about the offense after Auburn’s latest top-10 loss
- Horrific injury to Tua creates discussion about whether Saban should've let him play