Saturday, January 25, 2020
Led by freshman Jaron Thames and his ability to always be in the right place, Missouri Western recorded its seventh straight home victory with an 81-75 win Saturday against Nebraska-Kearney at MWSU Fieldhouse.
Thursday, January 23, 2020
For the first time since 2016, the Griffons are victorious against a top-10 opponent in the country after a stunning Thursday night at MWSU Fieldhouse.
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
At the end of the year, any of the top seven teams in the MIAA appear to have a shot at advancing to the NCAA Division II Women’s Basketball Tournament.
Saturday, January 18, 2020
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Just five minutes in Saturday’s rivalry inside Bearcat Arena, Missouri Western sophomore Tyrell Carroll fouled Northwest sophomore Diego Bernard on a drive to the basket.
MARYVILLE, Mo. — Without leading scorer Chris Wilson and fresh off the heels and Western’s worst first quarter of the season, Candi Whitaker’s squad got back to what it does best.
Friday, January 17, 2020
Saturday, January 11, 2020
Missouri Western saw its winning streak halted at seven ahead to slow start at No. 16-ranked Emporia State, falling 74-70 Saturday at White Auditorium.
Friday, January 10, 2020
NORTONVILLE, Kan. — Since joining the program in 2016, Josie Weishaar has been a force on the Jefferson County North girls basketball team.
Thursday, January 09, 2020
TOPEKA, Kan. — On a night when their dominant post players combined for 12 turnovers, the Missouri Western Griffons relied on a stout defense for their first win in Lee Arena in four years.
Monday, January 06, 2020
The week started off the right way for the Missouri Western men’s basketball team on Monday night, and all it took was a pair of young Griffon shoulders to carry them to another statement victory.
With the selection of Missouri Western’s inaugural women’s lacrosse head coach made on Monday and out of the way, the Griffons are ready to set sail with their captain.
Saturday, January 04, 2020
With 30 seconds and his point guard dribbling out the clock, Missouri Western head coach Sundance Wicks turned to the crowd of 1,093 fans and flapped his arms.
Thursday, January 02, 2020
After being dead last in shooting in the MIAA last season, Missouri Western men’s basketball has been playing at a higher level offensively this season.
Tuesday, December 31, 2019
After a tough three-game skid, the Missouri Western exorcised its frustration on Avila with five Griffons scoring in double-digits.
Friday, December 27, 2019
Wednesday, December 25, 2019
Monday, December 23, 2019
Saturday, December 21, 2019
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Tyree Martin tabbed career-highs in points and minutes, but a slow start and early deficit plagued Missouri Western in an 87-75 loss Saturday to Rockhurst at Mason-Halpin Field House.
Thursday, December 19, 2019
Missouri Western’s Trey Vaval became just the second true freshman named to the D2CCA All-America first team in the 27 years of the honors released Thursday.
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
With three minutes to play until halftime Wednesday, the Missouri Western women built a comfortable 17-point lead over the Illinois-Springfield Prairie Stars at the Recreation and Athletic Center.
- Savannah takes home victory over Cameron
- Luck of the Irish: Lafayette thwarts early struggles to defeat Maryville in MEC opener
- North Andrew, North Platte square-off in boys girls doubleheader
- East Buchanan girls pull away from Cameron behind 3-point shooting
- Central senior AJ Redman reaches career milestone
- Sundell's late run pushes Maryville past St. Pius X in crucial conference opener
- Central falls to Truman in conference opener
- Redman tops 1,000 career points at Central to highlight Steve Vertin Classic
- More than just a boys sport: Benton girls wrestling embraces team's second season
- Bishop LeBlond to host 2nd Annual Steve Vertin Classic
- Stories from the road provide a picture of Husker OC Matt Lubick's recruiting style
- Alabama basketball: Tide withstands poor shooting to down Kansas State in Big 12/SEC Challenge
- Hudgins records first triple-double in Northwest history in win versus Fort Hays
- Thames' 22 powers Western men to win against UNK, 7-0 home record
- Virginia Tech wide receiver commits to Missouri
- Missouri wrestling clinches share of conference title with doubleheader sweep
- Local Roundup: Hickman wins, Rock Bridge loses in mid-season girls basketball tournaments
- Former Arizona Wildcats DC Marcel Yates gets a new job, and it's in the Pac-12
- Super Bowl chance for ex-Cat Earl Mitchell of the San Francisco 49ers was 10 years — and one month — in the making
- Shooting woes once again Missouri's downfall in road loss to West Virginia