Saturday, November 16, 2019
LINCOLN, Mo. — Missouri Western wide receiver Cole Kruse had yet to score a touchdown as he neared the end of his college career. But before he could hang up his uniform and cleats, his team managed to get him into the endzone Saturday during their regular season finale.
Friday, November 15, 2019
Missouri Western will go for its first 8-3 season since 2013 and make one final plea to bowl selection committees when it heads to Lincoln at noon today.
Missouri Western shot 55% from the field and saw four starters score in double figures for a 84-63 win over Southwest Baptist in Candi Whitaker’s first game at MWSU Fieldhouse.
Thursday, November 14, 2019
Missouri Western junior Ali Tauchen needed only seven kills to join the 1,000 kill club against Newman on Thursday night at the Looney Complex.
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Monday, November 11, 2019
Saturday, November 09, 2019
A little more than 24 hours after falling in its first game of the season, Missouri Western earned its inaugural win under the direction of Candi Whitaker.
Friday, November 08, 2019
Missouri Western men’s basketball got its first win of the season when its defeated Minnesota State Moorhead 70-55 on Friday in the first day of the Hillyard Tip-off Classic at Civic Arena.
Senior Day 2019 has an opportunity to mean much more looking back at the past and glancing forward to the future at Missouri Western.
Missouri Western volleyball was able to outlast Fort Hays State on Thursday night as they came away with a 3-2 victory in a back and forth match at MWSU Fieldhouse.
Thursday, November 07, 2019
When Candi Whitaker accepted the job as Missouri Western women’s basketball on April 16, she knew she was inheriting one of the top prizes in Division II.
Tuesday, November 05, 2019
To add to the stress of finishing her senior year at Shenandoah High School in Iowa, Logan Hughes had an extra burden placed on her.
Monday, November 04, 2019
The first time Matt Williamson met with his team after being named head coach, Anthony Williams was his usual quiet self.
Saturday, November 02, 2019
PITTSBURG, Kan. — On the heels of six quarters of shutout football, the Missouri Western defense finally gave way to the Pittsburg State offense on the opening drive of the third quarter Saturday at Carnie Smith Stadium.
It may have taken some second-half heroics and a historic performance from No. 1 Northwest Missouri State forward Ryan Hawkins, but the Bearcats pulled away from Southern Nazarene late for a 100-88 win in a rematch against last season’s regional semifinal opponent on Saturday at Civic Arena.
Friday, November 01, 2019
Thursday, October 31, 2019
Three weeks into his true freshman campaign, Tyrell Carroll was thrust into the starting lineup for Sundance Wicks and the Missouri Western men’s basketball team.
- Mid-Buchanan set to host Hamilton for district crown
- Maryville hosts Lathrop in Class 2 District 8 championship
- Centrals' Abby Sollars to play volleyball at Missouri Western
- East Buchanan standout Kilgore commits to Idaho
- Mules head coach returns to Maryville for district championship
- Bishop LeBlond's Juliann Smith kicks off soccer career, signs with William Jewell
- East Atchison to host Mound City in shootout rematch for 8-Man District 4 Championship
- Hubbard named St. Joseph Sports, Inc. Coach of the Year
- Savannah set for rematch with Chillicothe for Class 3 District 8 title
- Pattonsburg, Worth County set to meet in 8-Man District 3 title game
- Pool: Bobcats making right plays at right times at right point in season
- Gus Malzahn says all the same things about the offense after Auburn’s latest top-10 loss
- Horrific injury to Tua creates discussion about whether Saban should've let him play
- Kickoff time, TV assignment set for Arizona Wildcats' home finale vs. No. 7 Utah
- Hawkeyes start fast, finish strong, top Gophers
- Steven M. Sipple: Huskers emerge with chins up, but result still feels all too predictable
- Frost 'tired of looking for silver linings' after UW sends Huskers to fourth straight loss
- Tom Oates: Badgers' inconsistent tackling allows Cornhuskers' spread offense to make big gains
- Wisconsin Badgers grind out win over Nebraska Cornhuskers behind Jonathan Taylor's big day
- Jonathan Taylor adds to stellar résumé with memorable outing in Badgers' victory over Cornhuskers