Wednesday, August 12, 2020
ATCHISON, Kan. – On a sunny Wednesday morning at O’Malley Field, head coach Larry Wilcox had to tell his team something he never thought he would.
Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Saturday, July 11, 2020
COLUMBIA, Mo. — In the middle of Missouri athletics director Jim Sterk’s Zoom media conference Thursday, news broke that the Big Ten Conference plans to play only league games in all sports this fall, the latest crushing blow to the college sports calendar from the fists of COVID-19.
Monday, July 06, 2020
The Missouri Tigers baseball and softball team are postseason eligible for the 2021 season, the NCAA confirmed to the school’s athletic department.
Friday, July 03, 2020
The Kansas football team has suspended voluntary workouts due to an outbreak of Coronavirus and will implement a self-quarantine for 14 days among all football players and staff members.
Saturday, April 25, 2020
Two former Missouri Tigers player were selected in the 2020 NFL Draft, with Mizzou tight end Albert Okwuegbunam’s move Denver in the fourth round Saturday following defensive tackle Jordan Elliott going to Cleveland in the third on Friday.
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
The brackets for the NJCAA Division II National Tournament that the North Central Missouri College men’s basketball team will compete in next week have been released. The tournament will be held March 17-21 at Danville Community College in Virginia.
Thursday, February 27, 2020
Thursday, January 16, 2020
HIGHLAND — The future of the Highland Scotties women's basketball team remains uncertain after carefully controlled discussions over the course of four hours on Wednesday produced no official action.
Saturday, January 11, 2020
Friday, January 10, 2020
Monday, December 30, 2019
COLUMBIA, Mo. — Torrence Watson broke out of a season-long shooting slump, scoring 24 points to lead Missouri to a 91-33 rout of Chicago State on Monday.
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ) The UM Board of Curators voted unanimously to hire Eli Drinkwitz as the University of Missouri’s new football coach. In a release, MU said Drinkwitz’ contract “will be released after the completion of the human resources process.” “I can’t wait for every Tiger to meet Eli, he’s a special guy who has
Monday, December 09, 2019
COLUMBIA, Mo. (KMIZ) The University of Missouri has reached an agreement with a new football coach, according to a source. Eliah Drinkwitz is expected to be the 33rd head coach of the Mizzou football team. An MU spokesman said an official announcement is close, but nothing will happen Sunday night. Drinkwitz, 36, comes to MU
Wednesday, November 06, 2019
Tuesday, April 02, 2019
Current North Central Missouri College women’s basketball coach Jenni Croy and former Bearcat dual-sport athlete Bob Sundell are among this year’s inductees into the MIAA Hall of Fame, the conference announced Tuesday.
Sunday, March 03, 2019
The Missouri Tigers shot better than 50 percent from 3-point range and fended off the Alabama Crimson Tide the rest of the day, rolling to an 82-47 win Sunday at Mizzou Arena in Columbia, Missouri.
Monday, February 11, 2019
FORT WORTH, Texas — Devon Dotson scored 25 points, including six free throws in the final 40 seconds of overtime, and No. 14 Kansas beat TCU 82-77 on Monday night for its second win in a row while starting four freshmen.
- MSHSAA examining options for fall sports
- SJSD prepares for fall season with student safety at the forefront
- Spoofhound football remains resourceful in facing one of a kind offseason, upcoming season
- Central head coach Regi Trotter prepares team for an uncertain future
- KSHSAA votes to begin fall sports Aug. 17
- Riverside football determined to compete, repeat winning season
- Lafayette grad Ike Book returns from injury to pursue college baseball dream
- SJSD cancels jamborees, awaits decision on upcoming fall sports
- Savannah R-III announces positive COVID-19 for student-athlete
- Central softball stays atop of game with travel ball, commitment to summer workouts
- During fall standoff, Nebraska affirms it's 'committed' to Big Ten
- The hardest, easiest call: UA president Robert C. Robbins says Pac-12 did the right thing
- NCAA extends recruiting dead period through September
- Publicly quiet on a Wednesday, Nebraska is still unsettled on fate
- As ESPN blast NU, Ohio State joins Huskers in open to fall options
- Can playing in the spring work? Maybe, says former coach Riley
- Fall without football could spell financial disaster for University of Arizona, other athletic departments
- UPDATES: Tucson-area coronavirus developments, Aug. 13: What we know
- Red Zone podcast: Punting on fall football — can it work in the spring?
- Spring football in fall? Games in spring? Answering questions in wake of Pac-12 postponement