Placeholder Court gavel

A father is suing two landlords after his son died due to an alleged carbon monoxide leak.

Blaze Saliger was living at 204 S. Bucklin Drive in Easton, Missouri, when he suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. According to the petition, the leak led to Saliger’s death.

Now his father, Scott Saliger, is suing John and Donna Fischer, who owned the property, for the wrongful death of his son. A proposed settlement would have the Fischers pay $100,000 if approved by the court.

Jessika Eidson can be reached

at jessika.eidson@newspressnow.com.

Follow her on Twitter: @NPNowEidson.