Your refrigerator is arguably the most important appliance in your kitchen.
But have you ever thought about giving it a makeover?
Over the course of our lives, we spend hours staring into our fridges. And whether we’re admiring kids’ art or just struggling to remember what’s on the other side, we spend a good deal of time staring at the fridge’s closed doors, too.
Why not make this experience a little more beautiful, fun and maybe even functional?
As with any creative home project, endless inspiration can be found on Pinterest.
Here are a few of the best ideas for fridge makeovers we found online.
1. Chalkboard paint the fridge doors – Forget hanging their pictures on the fridge, let the kids draw right on it! Transform almost any fridge into an artistic medium with a can of chalkboard paint.
2. Paint the doors – Going for something simpler? Use traditional paint in any color or create a pattern using stencils to class up your fridge doors. You can even go bold and paint a mural on the fridge.
3. Wallpaper – Is your fridge looking a little worse for wear? Cover up those blemishes with fun wallpaper.
4. Fancy handles – Add a pop of personality by painting, changing or even just wrapping in fabric the handles of your fridge and freezer.
5. Decals – Less permanent than paint, vinyl decals come in almost any shape and can be changed out for different holidays.
6. Contact paper – Available in fun patterns and colors, you can adhere this to fridge doors or even the shelves for a burst of fun inside.